Tuesday, 24 June 2014
Flat White Hipsterdom
Apparently the flat white is now the designator du jour of hipsterdom. For perhaps the first time in my life I am cool. My reason for drinking said drink is that I like milky coffee - not too frothy - and the flat white comes in a cup with a handle.
I think my time in the hip light will be short lived however; my preference for a flat white being of a long standing. The hipsters however are a far more fickle lot. I feel sure that even as I write this they have moved on to Blend 43 or to civet digested beans. (I suggest blend 43 - it's cheaper and more retro). A real hipster must always be ahead of the game. I predict also the end of the hipster beard. Everyone has one nowadays; even the men.
Which brings me to the irony of hipsterdom. In a bid to be more individual they have pasted themselves into a corner of what they can wear, where they can shop, where they have hair, which coffee they drink. They are slaves to their own fashion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment